13 May 5 Ways to Retain Quality Caregivers
Recruiting caregivers is always a hot topic but retaining quality help is just as important for the success of your business or home care agency. Good people can be hard to find, but they are definitely worth keeping.
Retaining Quality Caregivers Means
You don’t need to spend time and money training new caregivers
They are familiar with people and processes, thus able to work more efficiently
Meaningful relationships with staff and clients make a better environment for everyone
So, how we do retain quality caregiver when we find them?
1. Proper Compensation – We know this is a tough one, but an extra dollar per hour can help draw in more qualified caregivers who are willing to stay.
2. Ongoing Incentives – Whether it’s annual raises or an employee appreciation program, make sure there is some sort of reward or recognition for the work being put forth.
3. Ease of Expectations – Have clearly defined duties so caregivers feel confident in their daily accomplishments and understand how to do their job well.
4. Healthy Environment – Keep your space tidy and welcoming so everyone feels comfortable and at ease.
5. Enabled Efficiency – Provide useful tools to help caregivers get more done with less effort, so providing care can remain their core focus.
Show your caregivers a little extra appreciation today. For more about caregiver retention and other HCBS topics visit pavillio.com/blog.