28 Jul EVV compliance: it’s not as bad as you think
The myths and fears surrounding Electronic Visit Verification (EVV) and EVV compliance are significant – and understandable.
As the leader in home-based and community services-based agency (HCBS) software in Minnesota for almost 20 years, we have been at the forefront of helping our customers navigate uncertainty and change as well as deliver trusted industry-leading EVV software.
In fact, we started getting involved with EVV compliance requirements and policy in 2018. Today, we are on our third version of the EVV app as part of our EVV software offerings, which has more than 55,000 EVV users in Minnesota alone and continues to grow.
We recently spoke at the ARRM Forward 2023 conference and are sharing learnings for those of you who may have missed it or would find helpful to hear again. You can see the full presentation here.
What is EVV Compliance?
The 21st Century CURES Act is a federal mandate for HCBS to verify:
- The type of service performed.
- Who received the service.
- The date the service was delivered.
- The location the service was delivered.
- Who performed the service.
- When the service began and ended.
What does Pavillio recommend to meet EVV compliance requirements?
- Don’t get caught up in the rumors and fear. Get the facts.
- Start by taking steps now.
- Help your clients and RPs learn about it.
- Be open to change and to learning – encouraging your team’s mindset to be open too.
- Select an EVV software that meets your criteria and needs.
Timelines for EVV compliance by state will vary.
What are some of the surprising benefits of EVV compliance?
- No more hand entry of paper timesheets
- View hours worked in real time
- Real-time unit tracking (client/RP)
- Easy documentation – activities, goals, outcomes.
Looking for more on EVV compliance and EVV software? Check out the full presentation here.
You can also access a recent blog post for more: “Tips to manage home care staffing shortages”